At some point in time, homeowners will have to decide whether their roof needs to be repaired or replaced. A metal roof is a type of roofing system that has been gaining popularity among curious homeowners recently. Typically made from metal tiles, it is characterized by longevity and high resistance to weather elements. If you want to know more about its advantages, then this post is for you.
1. Metal roofs need a specifically made sealant. For optimal effectiveness, use a metal roof sealant particularly made for metal roofing. Regular silicone caulking may not properly adhere to the paint on the roofing panels and trims. Since metal roofs go through constant expansion and contraction, the sealants used need to be flexible enough to withstand the cycle.
2. Metal roofs are available in different materials. Due to their less expensive pricing, zinc and steel alloys are the common materials used for metal roofing. Metal tile sheets can also be employed and are usually painted. A copper roof, on the other hand, is one of the most architecturally impressive features used in universities and government buildings.
3. Metal roofs are cost-effective. Because of its impressive service lifespan of 40 to 70 years, metal roofing can be more cost-effective in the long run than asphalt shingles, of which you need to repair or replace 3 to 4 times in a 50-year period.
4. Metal roofs can withstand extreme weather elements. Unlike wood-based roofs, metal roofing is praised because of its ability to withstand fire, rot and insect damage. Metal doesn’t attract mold and mildew, and can’t be chipped off by termites.
5. Metals roofs can be recycled. If you’re one to make environmentally conscious decisions, choosing metal roofing can’t fail you. Metal roofs contain up to 95% recycled content and are completely recyclable. Metal is a sustainable material that surely won’t end up in landfills.
If you need expert roofing services, turn to Krech Exteriors. Our dedicated team is proud to be one of the leading roofing repair contractors across the beautiful North Star State. Give us a call at (651) 968-8888, or contact us through our online form to schedule a consultation. We proudly serve customers in and around Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN.